Microsoft Azure Monitor allows you to gain visibility and control across your hybrid cloud with simplified operations management and security. This integration allows you to make use of VictorOps incident management for all your Azure alerts.
The following will guide you through the integration.
First, you must enable the Microsoft Azure integration by going to Integrations >> All integrations
Select the Azure Monitoring integration option.
Click Enable Integration.
Copy the Service API Endpoint to your clipboard. Make sure to update the Routing Key.
In Azure Monitoring
In order to send requests to trigger an incident in VictorOps, we can leverage Alerting which is native to Azure’s Monitoring functionality. Follow these steps:
- Login to Azure portal. From the left menu pane, select Monitoring>> Alerts >> New Alert Rule
- Define the alert rule based on your monitoring needs.
- Define the alert details with any name and description.
- For the last step, select a New Action Group, this action group will fire towards your new VictorOps Service API Endpoint.
- For all the names, fill in a value of “victorops” to help define the action.
- For the action, select webhook
- Paste the Service Endpoint you copied to your clipboard from VictorOps for URI.
- Enable the common alert schema should be toggled to YES.
- Click OK
- Finally, make sure to link the newly created VictorOps action group to the desired alert rules.
Alerts should now flow into the VictorOps timeline based on the trigger conditions. If you have any questions, please contact VictorOps support.