Stackdriver has recently been migrated to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Monitoring. GCP Monitoring provides full-stack intelligent monitoring of infrastructure, systems, and apps.
The following guide will walk you through the steps required to integrate GCP Monitoring (formerly Stackdriver) with VictorOps.
- In VictorOps, select Settings >> Alert Behavior >> Integrations >> Stackdriver (this will soon be updated to GCP Monitoring)
- If the integration has not yet been enabled, click the “Enable Integration” button to generate your endpoint URL as seen below. Be sure to replace the “$routing_key” section with the actual routing key you intend to use. The integration will not properly send alerts if the routing key is left blank. (To view or configure routing keys in VictorOps, click Alert Behavior >> Route Keys)
In Google Cloud Platform
- Navigate to Monitoring >> Alerting then select the ‘Edit Notification Channels‘ option at the top of the page.
- From here scroll down to ‘Webhooks‘ and click ‘Add New‘.
- Under the Endpoint URL enter the address you copied from your VictorOps Stackdriver integration page. For Display Name enter your desired display name such as ‘VictorOps’.
- Leave ‘Use HTTP Basic Auth’ unchecked.
- Click ‘Test Connection‘ and then ‘Save‘.
- NOTE: The ‘Test Connection’ button will not work to trigger an incident in VictorOps but must be pressed in order to click Save. To test the integration you will need to manually trigger a real alert in GCP Monitoring.
- Add the VictorOps Webhook Notification Channel you just created to your desired Alerting Policies and you are DONE!