Report a Bug or Send Feedback
As you are using the VictorOps Mobile App you have the ability to report a bug or submit feedback. A Swipe Report can be submitted from both Android and iOS devices from any page of the app.
How to Submit a Swipe Report
Swipe across the screen from right to left with two fingers
- Swipe from right to left with two fingers and this window will appear
- Select ‘Report a Bug‘ or ‘Suggest an Improvement‘
- From there you will be prompted in another screen where you can add more information to your report
- Selecting “Report a Bug” will bring you to this form where you can add a message detailing your experience, take a screen recording, screenshot, or attach a screenshot from your Camera Roll
- There is also an option to markup pictures. To navigate to this screen, tap the image you would like to edit. Toolbar options will display with markup tools.
- If you would like to be contacted regarding your report, add your email address to the top bar in the place of ‘email@example.com’.
Delete and Restore VictorOps manually
- Settings > Back up and Restore toggle set to OFF
- Settings > Storage> Apps > VictorOps app > Clear cache and data
- Settings > Storage> Other > Explore > Downloads > Delete anything VictorOps (usually where victoriops.vcf lives)
- Settings > Storage> Other > Notifications> Delete
- VictorOps Sharp.wav
- VictorOps Siren.wav
- VictorOps Soothing.wav
- VictorOps Wap.wav
- Settings > Apps > VO > kebab in upper right hand corner> Uninstall for all users
- *Double check in Android the VictorOps contact has been removed if not remove manually
- *Double check sound notifications to verify VictorOps sound settings has been removed
- Reinstall app from Google Play Store
Delete and Restore VictorOps using Android File Transfer
- If using a Mac, download the Android File Transfer app from https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
- Plug into computer
- Pull down from the top of your the Phone screen to show the Android Notification Center
- Look for USB for charging – Touch for more options then click it
- You now will see a list showing: Charging only, Transfer files (MTP), Transfer photos (PTP) and MIDI (Choose Transfer files MTP)
- Once the files open, Delete
- Notifications > VictorOps Sharp.wav
- Notifications > VictorOps Siren.wav
- Notifications > VictorOps Soothing.wav
- Notifications > VictorOps Wap.wav
- Download > victorops.vcf
- Unplug phone from computer and open to the Android Phone settings
- Settings > Apps > VictorOps > Tap the kebab in upper right hand corner> Uninstall for all users
- *Double check in phone contacts the VictorOps contact has been removed, if not remove manually
- *Double check sound notifications to verify VictorOps sound settings has been removed, if not remove manually
- Reinstall app from Google Play Store
Delayed Push Notifications
These screenshots show the general steps for Android 9 devices (some device specific instructions are listed below if the battery settings appear slightly different on a particular user’s device/OS)
From your Android Settings, find the VictorOps Mobile Application
From the VictorOps App, please select Advanced >> Battery
From Battery usage settings you’ll want Battery optimization >> Not optimized >> All apps
From here, you’ll exempt the VictorOps App from Battery optimization. Select done.
Intermittent Push Notifications
If push notifications tend to only work for a short time after logging in or reinstalling the app, a couple settings to check are Adaptive Battery and Data Saver.
Both of these settings can limit and restrict applications and notifications, please ensure VictorOps is exempt from these settings.
Reset your Mobile Device in VictorOps:
From your mobile device:
1. Log out of the mobile app (Click the settings icon (gear))
2. Delete the mobile app from your device entirely.
From the webUI:
3. Log in to your account and access your personal profile (Click your username in the top right corner and select “Your profile”)
4. Delete the device from your contact methods (You do not need to remove any phone numbers associated with the device, just the device itself)
From the mobile device:
5. Re-install the VictorOps Mobile app
6. Log in to the VictorOps app.
This process will redo the device association process and often clears up any issues with the app.